Friday 6 March 2015

Blank Saver Chevin.


 I spent the other evening out on the river with Barbel firmly set in my sights and with the slightly milder weather arriving I hoped that the fish would search out my bait, I put the trusty pellet to the test and to cut a long story short, four swims for nearly four hours of fishing resulted in one or two little enquiries which were probably small Chub or Roach eating the small feed pellets until roughly 11 o'clock when the rod tip started to tap gently, no invitation needed to strike but it was no Barbel and the culprit was to be a Chub and a good one at that as it cruised up to the net, first instance a certain 5lb plus but on the scales it just made the cut.

5lb 0oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What A Start!

   Since the river season ended I've taken a 3 week hiatus from fishing, work as usual the excuse! Storm Kathleen however was predicted ...