Saturday 31 October 2015

Slightly Underwhelmed.


 For the past week I've been champing at the bit to get some Pike fishing done, so you could imagine the look upon my face when I arrived at my chosen destination to find it hammering through and tea brown, it was only a couple of days rain and the place was trashed, god damn it were uttered a few times. But myself and Brian didn't make the 4:30am journey down for nothing so we made the best of a bad situation.

hmmm.....
Lively Esox.
 I pitched up in a couple of good looking spots and waited patiently for an enquiry, the winning formulae was a live Bleak which seemed to be in huge numbers and everywhere, the target this season is a 20lb plus Pike and here seemed one of my better chances to achieve this target but the stamp of fish caught today weren't going to trouble that but I was surely very grateful to accept the two Esox weighing both around the 7lb mark as the conditions were completely against us and would certainly hope the next time I visit the river isn't reminiscent of a dirty washing machine!.



Do like seeing Pheasant's.

4 comments:

  1. Good effort James. Its dedication to stick at it in those conditions, i'd have been tempted to get the barbel rods out!

    Makes the capture all the more pleasing though as you were faced with a challenge and still managed to wangle out a couple of pike. Good luck with the 20+ challenge, doing something similar myself to try bag a swale 20 this winter (only succeeded on the Tees to date).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all James, good luck on that, the 20 you had off the Tees was a peach. But it was a long journey down so it was a case of making the most of a bad situation and fortunately caught a couple and they were good fun for sure. Hope next time the river is in slightly better condition!

      Delete
  2. You definitely came up with the goods in the difficult conditions, well done James!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully next time I can bag a big one! I'll keep at it in between the Roach, Grayling, Chub and so on.

      Delete

Season Review 2023/24.

   Well, that was fun! I managed to get quite a bit of angling done over the last 12 months, as you could probably imagine alot of it was in...